Safer Spaces provides organizational assessments, professional development workshops, and consultation services to create more inclusive programs and workplaces for 2S-LGBTQ+ communities.
Our services are created to address the diverse needs of 2S-LGBTQ+ peoples by addressing institutional barriers to inclusion. Our interactive workshops offer a shared learning experience that provides front line staff with concrete strategies for their work, while our consultation services guide management towards creating a more inclusive environment institutional best practices.
DESIGN OF THE PROGRAM
The Safer Space program is evidence-informed and designed with best practices in creating and delivering 2S-LGBTQ+ cultural competency trainings. Our trainings increase knowledge and skills, while encouraging the shifting of attitudes when working with members of the community.
The curriculum is constructed using well-established theories of knowing how adults learn, as well as encouraging psychological, convictional, and behavioural changes for our participants. Workshops include a variety of case studies, interactive group discussion, visual media, videos, reflective exercises, and team activities.
WHERE IS TRAINING HELD?
A trained facilitator will travel to deliver the workshop on site for your team. Workshops are often held as in-house training, or can be delivered at conferences and other venues.
REASONS TO GET TRAINED
- Develop an accessible and inclusive workplace culture
- Employees are more productive and happier when a workplace is welcoming and supportive
- Support in creating an industry standard by participating in the program
- Be a leader in your community
- Combat feelings of exclusion and lack of support for 2S-LGBTQ+ consumers
- Offer an educational setting to unpack biases, address questions and concerns and facilitate open, honest dialogue
- Receive tools and support around organizational policies and procedures to support your 2S-LGBTQ+ employees and service users
- Work with an organization that has years of experience providing a variety of services to community partners, like yourself!
Take the quick mini organizational assessment to see if a consultation or a workshop would best benefit your organization.
OUR HOST AGENCIES
The Gilbert Centre provides social and support services to empower, promote health, and celebrate the lives of people living with and affected by HIV and other sexually transmitted infections (STI) and the individuals and families from the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (2S-LGBTQ+) communities of Simcoe Muskoka.
Réseau ACCESS Network is a non-profit, community-based charitable organization, committed to promoting wellness, harm and risk reduction and education. Réseau ACCESS Network supports individuals and serves the whole community, in a comprehensive/holistic approach to HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis C, Harm Reduction and related health issues.
To assist and support all persons infected or affected by HIV/AIDS and/or Hepatitis C and to limit the spread of the viruses through education, awareness, outreach strategies and treatment.