Professional Development Workshops
Organizational Assessments & Report Cards
We believe financial resources should not be the only factor that determines whether someone can access services. Please connect with us at [email protected] to apply for sliding scale.
Evidence-informed and designed with best practices in creating and delivering 2S-LGBTQ+ cultural competency trainings. Our trainings increase knowledge and skills, while encouraging the shifting of attitudes when working with members of the community.
The curriculum is constructed using well-established theories of knowing how adults learn.
The Need for Inclusion
2S-LGBTQ+ people are more likely to leave their home region to access services, or hide their identity, resulting in inadequate services and unmet needs
Mental health of 2S-LGBTQ+ people is impacted by stigma, prejudice and discrimination, leading to higher rates of depression, anxiety and suicide than general population.
Greater access to services for 2S-LGBTQ+ communities. Stronger team culture of diversity and inclusion, creating more productive teams and greater organizational performance.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOPS
- A trained facilitator will deliver workshops for your team either in person or online. Perfect for in-house training and a shared learning experience.
- Access our online training portal and go at your own pace. Designed for flexible schedules and self-guided learners.
- Schedule a debrief session for self-guided learners to ask questions and engage in a shared learning experience.
- Reflect on the shared human experiences of sex, gender, expression, and orientation
- Explore barriers communities might experience to accessing your organization and services
- Experience new perspectives and understandings through critical consideration of language, practices, and history
- Identify strategies towards greater inclusion to implement moving forward
- Reflect and challenge the roots of our own biases
- Why Inclusion Matters
- Concepts, Language, and Pronouns
- Gender-Neutral Language
- History and Human Rights
- Local Statistics/Experiences
- Trans Experiences
- Navigating Institutional Barriers
- Review & Resources
- Live workshops are designed for 15-40 people
- Hybrid models of self-guided on-line learning can be paired with a live half day debrief session
- Interactive learning is a constant, whether delivered live or self-guided. Staff will be provided with opportunities for self reflection, knowledge checks, and application of learnings
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
With adequate preparation time, workshop content will be based on your industry and program areas. We can also develop a custom workshop for your organization.
Self-Guided Online Learning Modules
Live: In-Person or Zoom
In-person services may incur travel reimbursement at $0.41/km, & potential accommodations if necessary. * Self-Guided individual registrations are tax included. ** Minimum 15 people for a live workshop.
ORGANIZATIONAL ASSESSMENTS & REPORT CARDS
A free Assessment Tool is located on our website, asking you questions on six different categories of institutional inclusion. A summarized report card can provide organizations with a snapshot of strengths and opportunities for growth, and can measure change over time. Consider using the Report Card to create a template and work plan towards greater institutional inclusion in the future.TAKE THE QUIZ
How inclusive is your workplace? Generate a Report Card and use our Best Practice document to enhance institutional Two-Spirit, queer and trans inclusion.
Organizational Assessment & Report Card
Reach out to us and coordinate a custom workshop delivery, explore a special consultation project, or other unique projects to enhance Two-Spirit, trans, and queer inclusion. Previous custom services have inlcuded lunch & learns, orientation sessions, intake form review, confidentiality policy consultation, and more.
Prices for Custom Services
Purchase multiple complimentary services together to save on costs and receive discounts. Each package is designed to guide you through a system of change: from education, to planning and implementation, through to ongoing evaluation and improvement. we can support you each step of the way!
Services are to be used within 12 months of purchasing a bundle. Custom bundles & prices can be negotiated. A sliding scale can be used for those unable to pay full price. Please inquire
Hybrid Learning & Assessment Package: Putting Learning into Place
- Self-Guided Learning Program, up to 40 people
- 2.5 Hour Debrief Workshop, up to 40 people
Must be used within one month after the Self-Guided Learning Program
- Organizational Assessment & Report Card
Overall Savings: $1,507.50
Final Cost: $2,999
Shared Learning & Assessment Package: Keeping up with Best Practices
- Live Facilitated Workshop, up to 40 people
- 2.5 Refresher Workshop, up to 40 people
Must be used within one month after the Live Facilitated Workshop
- Two (2) Organizational Assessments & Report Card
Overall Savings: $1,495.50
Final Cost: $3,749
Assessment & Consultation Package: Leadership’s Commitment to Inclusion
- Self-Guided Learning Program, up to 10 people
- Two (2) Organizational Assessments & Report Card
- Policy, Procedure, & Form Review, up to 5 documents or 10 hours
Overall Savings: $2,479
Final Cost: $2,499